District Technology Advisory Committee
The YCCD District Technology Advisory Committee (DTAC) has responsibility for addressing technology issues that must be handled in a coordinated manner among the Colleges and Central Services. This committee provides the expertise and advice necessary to increase the learning opportunities available to students through the implementation and extension of technology, and to address technology use and deployment to assist with the administrative needs across the District. Note: the name of the committee was changed in February 2018 to the "District Technology Working Group" which are reflected in the agendas and minutes of those meetings. In November 2018, IT leadership decided the group would once again be called the District Technology Advisory Committee for which future agendas and minutes will reflect this change.
- DTAC is a district-wide committee that is tasked with technology planning and implementation at the district level.
- DTAC reviews and makes recommendations regarding:
- Selection, deployment strategies, and prioritization of instructional and administrative technology
- Development of policy as it relates to IT
- Resolution of IT issues impacting the delivery of services to students and staff
- The DTAC committee is designed to be inclusive of all constituency groups (administration, faculty, staff, and students) from both college campuses and district Central Services.