Open Enrollment - 2019-2020
Annual Open Enrollment Period
Monday, August 5, 2019 through Monday, August 26, 2019 at 5pm.
Note: No action is required if you are not making any plan changes.
What is Open Enrollment?
Once a year the District’s medical plans provide for an annual “Open Enrollment Period” during which any enrolled employee or retiree may change their medical plan and add or terminate any eligible dependents (some documentation may be required).
Should I participate?
- You want/need to change your health plan (links to the left are active now)
- If you are changing from Blue Shield to Kaiser or Kaiser to Blue Shield, you must complete an election form AND and an enrollment form.
- If you are changing to a different Blue Shield plan than your current plan, complete the election form. Active employees should complete the POP form as well.
- You want to make a change to your Dental or Vision plans
- Active employees: change dental plans (complete Dental designation form)
- Retirees: Drop a plan (complete the Retiree Request for Coverage Change/Termination form)
- You need to add dependents that were not added to your benefits within the 31-day time period allowed following a birth/adoption/marriage
- Complete the SISC III Change Form and include appropriate documentation (marriage certificate, birth certificate)
- You need to drop dependents who are no longer eligible
- Complete the SISC III Change Form and include appropriate documentation (divorce decree, etc.)
- NOTE: Dependent children automatically drop off your plan the end of the month of their 26th Birthday. No action is needed for this situation.
Again, no action is required if you do not need to make changes.
Currently there are no more Open Enrollment Meetings. All scheduled meetings have passed. Due to high work volume at this time, we are generally unable to accomodate walk-in appointments. If an appointment is necessary, please call or email with that request as our schedule is very limited.
However, if you have questions, please e-mail Peggy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lori (email@example.com) with specifics and we will respond within one working day.
OPEN ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: Monday, August 26, 2019
All forms must be received in the Benefits Office no later than 5:00pm