Grant Administration & Accounting
Yosemite Community College District (YCCD) provides services to ensure program and financial compliance with the awarding agencies (Federal, State, & Other Agencies). These sponsored programs (grants) placed in restricted account and are subject to various terms, conditions, and regulations under the Office of Management and Budget Circulars, and the related agency regulations. As the recipient institution of various federal sponsored programs, we are accountable for ensuring that costs charged to a sponsored program are allowable, allocable, and reasonable under cost principles. These services collectively support YCCD, Modesto Junior College (MJC), and Columbia College (CC).
Below are major federal regulations that address the financial compliance and administrative guidelines related to sponsored programs.
I. Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
- Office of Management and Budget Circular A-21: Addresses the subject of cost determination applicable to grants, contracts, and other agreements with educational institutions.
Grants made prior to 12/26/2014: OMB Circular A-21, Cost Principles for Ed Institutions
Grants made on or after 12/26/2014: Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200 Subpart E)
- Office of Management and Budget Circular A-110: Sets forth standards for obtaining consistency and uniformity among Federal agencies in the administration of grants and agreements with institutions of higher education, hospitals, and other non-profit organizations.
- Office of Management and Budget Circular A-133:Governs the auditing requirements of federal awards made to non-federal entities.
II. Topics Related to the Administration and/or Management of Sponsored Programs (including but not limited to):
- Cost Guidelines
- Cost Transfer
- Budget Revision
- EGCM and Budget Set-up
- Federally Funded Grant Travel
- Financial Reporting and Project Closeout
- Retention and Disposition of Record
- Purchasing Policies and Procedure
- Time & Effort Reporting
- Obligations of Funds