Submission & Production Process
1. Obtain approval by the area vice president prior to submitting an online request form. Forms should be submitted no later than three weeks prior to the deadline. Please note that project complexity may require the need for longer than three weeks lead time; thus, requests should be submitted with as much advance notice as possible.
2. Submit an online request form with general project information.
3. Video Production Services staff will contact you to schedule a time to discuss the project and enter into the planning stage of the project. The pre-production planning stage is complete when safe and realistic production plans have been established and agreed upon, including, but not limited to, timeline, resources required, content and quality expected, etc. Please also note:
- "Rated G": While messaging may be targeted for a specific audience, all content will be appropriate for general audiences.
- Style Guide: While content and other factors will guide the look and feel of the video, general style and quality guidelines will be adhered to in terms of video quality, college colors, fonts used, etc. Please reference the YCCD video style guide for more detail.
- Charges: Video Production Services are provided to the units of the YCCD free of charge. However, additional costs that are project-specific will be passed on to the requester(s) budget, e.g., additional equipment rental, specific music/photo selections requested, etc. The potential for these costs, if any, will be made known to the requester(s) during the planning stage with the goal of collaborating to determine no-cost solutions, when appropriate and available.
4. Project execution. The requester and Video Production Services staff will be in close communication throughout this time. During this phase of the project all pre-production work (scheduling, logistics, etc.), production work (video recording, etc.) and the bulk of the post-production work (editing, sound design, etc.) will take place.
5. Project delivery and close. During this phase, Video Production Services staff will submit the completed video to the requester for final approval. It is the requester's responsibility to also get approval on the final video from their Vice President. By approving the final video for use and/or release, the requester is confirming that they have received approval from their VP. Once approval has been obtained, Video Production Services staff will deliver the final video product to the requester, and make it public on the relevant YouTube channel if applicable. Also in this phase, Video Production Services staff are open to hear feedback regarding the process as a whole.