This is the 10th of the month, unless the 10th falls on a day of closure. For example: when the 10th of the month falls on a weekend, the Friday before that weekend is the payday or if the 10th falls on a holiday or on summer Friday of closure payday will be the day before.
- Pay Period
- Runs from the 16th of one month thru the 15th of the next and you are paid the following 10th. Ex: period 11/16/18-12/15/18, paid 1/10/19
- Based on department need.
- Web Time Entry
- Web Time can be accessed through the PiratesNet or connectColumbia sites. Under the header Student Worker Info – Time Entry. You may enter your time daily or all at once. You must have your time in the system by the 18th at midnight to avoid pay claim processing procedures.
- If you need assistance a guide was developed that could help, Student Web Time Guide .
- Pay Claims
- Submission of claims is needed if you miss the Web Time entry deadline. Please adhere to the pay periods as noted above when completing. If your dates of service cross pay periods, make sure to complete a claim for each period. Turn into your division/department for processing no later than the 15th of the month. They are due to Payroll by the 18th.
- Pay Docks or Adjustments
- Appear on the first payroll following notification
- Pay Codes
- STU – Regular Student
- SWS – Student Work-Study
- SCW – Student CalWorks
- Tax Codes
- MED3 – Medicare
- FIT (M/S) – Federal Taxes (M-Married/S-Single)
- SIT (M/S/H) – State Taxes (M-Married/S-Single/H-Head of Household)
- SUI – Unemployment Insurance - employer paid
Direct Deposit –
All employees are eligible for direct deposit; an election of direct deposit can be made or cancelled at any time. Please note it can take up to 3 pay cycles for your direct deposit to be activated. You will receive paychecks in the mail until activation is complete. Direct Deposit Form To cancel please contact a member of the payroll staff.
Personal Payroll Changes –
All student employees of the District have access to these sites. Besides your schooling information, you can find personnel info related to your position summary, time entry information, electronic versions of your W2, and pay advices (stubs). If you have issues accessing the sites, please contact the Help Desk.