YCCD employees are provided with an email account, powered by Microsoft. To gain access, employees may use their email address (typically last name and first name initial, followed by @yosemite.edu) and their Network Logon password. Employees may access the email link through www.mjc.edu and/or www.gocolumbia.edu websites.
With Office 365, employee can download and install the latest version of Office Suite (2016) and OneDrive storage. You can install on your home PC or Mac or laptop and any other devices such as: iPhone, iPad, Surface. You are allowed 5 installs. Because it works with all your devices, you can start creating on your PC or Mac on campus, review it on your tablet, and then finish up on your home computer. All this is possible because you can save your files to the cloud on OneDrive and get to them from anywhere.
The web version of Office 365 provides access to the following apps: Mail (Outlook), Calendar (Outlook), People (Outlook address book), Newsfeed, OneDrive, SharePoint, Tasks, Delve, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Video, Sway, Yammer, Class Notebook and Forms.
Note: The Office365 website will direct users to the YCCD login page, where they will be asked for their password.
View the Sign In To Office 365 for Faculty & Staff demo below:
- Locate and click Google Chrome, then in the address bar type: outlook.office365.com.
- Press Enter.
- Type your email address (network firstname.lastname@example.org), then press the tab key. The system will redirect you to the YCCD site.
- Enter your password (network).
- Click Sign in.
- If the Apps appear, choose Mail, otherwise you should see your Inbox and your messages.
- To sign out, click your Name in the upper right corner of the window.
- In the drop-down menu click on Sign out.