Canvas is a Learning Mangement System (LMS), and it provides an online classroom platform. Faculty may create their classroom based on their needs. Some features included are: grading, assignments, discussions among faculty and students, reports, peer assignments, and much more. To access Canvas for the first time, faculty and students may go to yosemite.instructure.com and set up their password.
View the demo below to learn how to set up access to Canvas.
How to set up Canvas for the first time for Faculty, Staff and/or Students
- Start your browser, then in the address bar type: www.mjc.edu (for MJC) or type www.gocolumbia.edu (for Columbia College).
- Over on the right-hand side of the window, click on Online Courses or click Canvas Login on the Columbia website.
- On the Canvas page, type your student, faculty or staff e-mail address.
- Click on the Recover Your Password or Username.
- On the Account management page click on the Recover Your Password.
- In the Recover Password page type your e-mail address one more time and click submit.
- The Reset password email will be sent to your personal email.
- Click the Reset Password link and create a new password.
- Go back to the Canvas log in page and sign in with your student, faculty or staff e-mail and your new password.
Note: If you have any questions or issues regarding Canvas after you sign in, there is a chat option located at the bottom of the page that you can click to either talk to a person, or email them regarding your issues.
Other resources can be found at http://www.mjc.edu/instruction/online/facultyresources.php or http://www.gocolumbia.edu/online_learning/default.php.