All YCCD students have e-mail accounts established when they register for one or more classes at either Columbia College or Modesto Junior College. This e-mail account will be used by faculty to contact students enrolled in their classes and for college staff to inform students of important announcements.
You must log into your PiratesNet or ConnectColumbia account first: Start by typing the following URL in your browser's address bar -
for Columbia type: connect.gocolumbia.edu
for Modesto Junior College type: piratesnet.mjc.edu
1. Click the Current\Former Students link.
2. Click the Log In tab.
3. Click in the User ID text box and type your Student ID ('w' number). Note: The 'w' should be lower-case. (i.e. w0000123)
4. Click in the Password text box and type your password. Note: If this is your first time logging into PiratesNet or ConnectColumbia, your password is your 6-digit birthdate (i.e. 012376).
5. Click the Submit button. Note: If this is your first time logging in, the system will display the Change Password screen. You have 60 seconds to complete this process.
Now that you are logged into PiratesNet, proceed with the Student E-mail Activation:
6. Click the Student E-mail Activation link, under the Communication heading.
7. Double-click the Temporary password, right-click the selection then select copy from the menu. Write down your Student E-mail address.
8. On the Office365 page, type your complete e-mail address (i.e. email@example.com)
9. Right-click in the Password field and Paste the temporary password.
10 Click the Sign-in button.
Now you will see a screen to change your password:
1. Fill out the required fields and then submit. You will be asked to log in with your new password.
2. If this is your first time logging into Office365, you will need to select a Time Zone from the list. Click Save.
Your Inbox will display.
Forgot your password? You must activate your student e-mail account in order to reset your password. Click this link to learn how.
Sign out: When you are finished using your e-mail, to protect the security of your mail account, you must Sign-out, quit out of Internet Explorer, Netscape or your browser window. This is especially important when you are using a computer accessible to the public, such as one located in the computer labs.